Zotero is a useful (and free!) tool that can help you manage and format citations as you research and write. No longer just for Firefox, Zotero now works with most browsers, operating systems, and word processing platforms.
- Capture and keep citations and links to books and articles as you come across them;
- Organize your citations into folders for different classes or projects;
- Format citations in any of dozens of formats (including APA, Chicago, and MLA) with just a few clicks;
- Insert citations in your paper as you write and have them formatted automatically;
- Sync your Zotero library across computers;
- Create group libraries to share citations.
On three upcoming weekend days, librarians will offer individual meetings to help you get the most out of Zotero.
To get going with Zotero, or become a power user, sign up for 15 minutes of individual help (Marlboro login required to sign-up) at the Research Bar during the following times:
- Sunday, September 28th, 2-4 p.m. with Amber
- Saturday, October 11th, 10-11:30 a.m with Beth
- Sunday, October 12, 2-4 p.m. with Beth
If you can’t make any of those times, Beth and Amber are also available for one-on-one Zotero help at other times; just stop by the desk or email us to set up a time.