The library building will remain open throughout Thanksgiving Break.
The Service Desk, Reserve/AV Room, and Plan Room will close at 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 27. Please plan accordingly if you’d like to borrow reserves, DVDs, equipment, or pick up holds or ILLs before break!
The Service Desk, Reserve/AV Room, and Plan room will reopen at 12:30 p.m. on Sunday, December 1. (December! Yikes.) Regular hours will resume at that time.
The last day to request books or DVDs via Interlibrary Loan this semester is Monday, December 2. (You can keep requesting articles.)
Remember that even when you’re away from the library, you still have access to over 125,000 academic ebooks, 40,000 online journals, and dozens of research databases. When you use library resources off campus, if you’re prompted to log in, just use your usual Marlboro username and password.
Have a wonderful break!
During Hendricks Days weekend, the library building will remain open.
The Service Desk will be staffed, and the AV/Reserve Room and Plan Room available, during the following times:
- Saturday-Sunday: no staffing
- Monday: 8:30 am – 3:00 pm
- Tuesday: 8:30 am – 3:00 pm; 6:30 pm – 11:00 pm
Have a wonderful break!
As the library embarks upon its second year lending out equipment, we’re making some changes to how the system works based on what we’ve learned.
Equipment can now be borrowed and returned anytime the library is staffed — whether that staff be a full-time employee or a student worker. It is very important that equipment be handed to the person on duty when you return it — do not leave it on the counter or in a return bin! Equipment remains your responsibility until it is checked in by a staff member.
The projectors and screen are now due back the day after they are checked out. Because the projectors and projection screen are in such high demand, we have shortened their loan period. If borrowers could return the projector even earlier — as soon as they are done with it — so much the better! If you know you will need a projector for longer than 1-2 days, talk to library staff ahead of time, and we will try to come up with an arrangement that works for everyone.
One thing that hasn’t changed: Equipment must be returned by its due date! If an emergency prevents you from returning equipment on time, please contact the library staff immediately. If we don’t hear from you within 24 hours after equipment is due back, you are subject to being billed for it, including a nonrefundable $10.00 billing fee per item. This can be prevented by communicating with us early and often.
Finally, we want to let you know that, in the one exception to our strict confidentiality policies, we may share the names of borrowers/seekers of equipment in order to facilitate and maximize the use of these items. Equipment remains the responsibility of the original borrower until a library staff member transfers the checkout in the library system. This can be done in person at the library or with the expressed consent of all involved parties — just email email@example.com and make sure the previous and current borrowers are copied in, or call x221.
Thanks for bearing with us as we try to come up with a system that gets the two projectors into the hands of as many people hoping to use them as we can.
The library service desk and Reserve Room will close just before 3:30 today (Wednesday, 9/4) so that staff and student employees can attend Convocation and Town Meeting.
Staffing will resume at 6:30 pm.
The end draws near…please note the following dates, which are important for all library users (and especially important for graduating seniors).
Wednesday, May 15: Due date for all library items.
- Graduating seniors: please return all library items by May 15 so that we can clear your library accounts before Commencement.
- Everyone: All Interlibrary Loans must be returned by May 15.
- Everyone: Please return all library DVDs before leaving for summer.
- If you are returning in the fall, you can borrow/renew Marlboro College library books over the summer. See our full circulation policies.
- Please, please, please do not leave library items in storage over the summer.
- Not using them over the summer? Return them before you leave.
- Using them over the summer, and coming back in the fall? Renew them and bring them with you!
Thursday, May 16: Graduating seniors: Official print & electronic Plan copies (and optional personal copies) are due to the Registrar by noon.
- Questions? See Print and digital Plan submission guidelines or ask the registrar or library.
- Town Meeting provides funding for each senior to receive one bound copy of their Plan. Additional copies can be purchased for $20 each (payable when you drop off Plan copies). You must provide the extra printed out copies to be bound. Bring them to the Registrar when you drop off your official Plan copy, and provide the friendly person there with a mailing address to which your Plan can be sent in late summer/early fall. (More on personal Plan copies)
- And, hey: congratulations!
Friday, May 17, 9:00 am: The big clean-up. Please remove all personal items from the library by Thursday night. On Friday morning:
- All library books left around the building will be picked up, checked in, and reshelved.
- Personal items will be moved to the lost and found (Recycling Room, middle floor); anything left there on June 1 will be donated/discarded.
Sunday, May 19 (Commencement): Building closes at 5:30 pm.
- A return bin will be placed outside the entrance near the Service Desk when we close; please leave items there if the library building is not open.
Summer hours begin on Monday, May 20.
Have a wonderful summer! Congratulations, graduates!
It’s almost over! The library would like everyone to be aware of the following dates and deadlines.
- Please remove all belongings and checked-out books from the library no later than Wednesday, December 12.
- All interlibrary loan books are due back no later than Wednesday, December 12.
- Marlboro library items are also due back Wednesday, December 12. However, you are welcome to renew them over break as long as no one else has requested them.
- The Service Desk and Reserve/AV room will close at 4:30 pm on Wednesday, December 12.
- The library building will close and lock on Thursday, December 13 at 4:30 pm (same time that dorms close).
- Hours for the library building and services over break are M-F, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm; the library will be closed (along with the rest of the college) December 24-January 1.
Doing research over break? Don’t forget that you have access to tens of thousands of journals, books, and more via the library’s website. And whether you are near or far, library staff remain available to provide research assistance (except 12/22-1/1).
Have a wonderful break!
The library service desk and the Reserve/AV room will be closed from noon on Monday, October 29 until noon on Tuesday, October 30. We’ll keep this space updated as events develop; you can also call the Library Service Desk at x221 (802-258-9221) to hear a recorded message with our latest status.
We hope that everyone stays safe during this storm, which is beginning to make itself felt here in southern Vermont.