The library’s links to full text from Google Scholar (“Online @ Marlboro”)
, as well as the “Find At Marlboro” button in our databases (which lets you link to full text or request items via interlibrary loan), (fixed! thanks. Elliot!) are both broken at the moment. We’re working on fixing the problem.
In the meantime, if you find an article in Google Scholar and want to see whether you have access to it through Marlboro, just open up a new tab and enter the journal title in our Journal Finder. If Marlboro owns the journal, check to see if we have the volume and issue that you need, then follow the links to it.
If it turns out that Marlboro does not have the article and you’d like to request it via interlibrary loan, you can use the Interlibrary Loan Request Form.
You can also get in touch with the library any time; we’re happy to walk you through your options for getting the articles you need.
Sorry for any inconvenience!
The end draws near…please note the following dates, which are important for all library users (and especially important for graduating seniors).
Wednesday, May 14: Due date for most library items.
- Everyone: All Interlibrary Loans must be returned by May 14.
- Everyone: Please return all library DVDs before leaving for summer.
- If you are returning in the fall, you can borrow/renew Marlboro College library books over the summer. See our full circulation policies.
- Please, please, please do not leave library items in storage over the summer.
- Not using them over the summer? Return them before you leave.
- Using them over the summer, and coming back in the fall? Renew them and bring them with you!
Thursday, May 15: The big clean-up. Please remove all personal items from the library by noon on Thursday. On Thursday afternoon:
- All library books left around the building will be picked up, checked in, and reshelved.
- Personal items will be moved to the lost and found (Recycling Room, middle floor); anything left there on June 1 will be donated/discarded.
- Graduating seniors: Official print & electronic Plan copies (and optional personal copies) are due to the Registrar by noon. Questions? See Print and digital Plan submission guidelines or ask the registrar or library.
- Want your own personal plan copy? Read this! Town Meeting provides funding for each senior to receive one bound copy of their Plan for free. Additional copies can be purchased for $20 each (payable when you drop off Plan copies). You must provide the extra printed out copies to be bound. Bring them to the Registrar when you drop off your official Plan copy, and provide the friendly person there with a mailing address to which your Plan can be sent in late summer/early fall. (More on personal Plan copies) And, hey: congratulations!
Sunday, May 18 (Commencement): Building closes at 5:30 pm.
- Graduating seniors: please return all library items by Sunday, 5/18! Not sure what you have checked out? You can log in and view your account.
- A return bin will be placed outside the entrance near the Service Desk when we close; please leave items there if the library building is not open.
Summer hours begin on Monday, May 19.
Questions? Let us know.
Have a wonderful summer! Congratulations, graduates!
Spring Break is one of those discombobulating times when the library is not open 24/7. Nota bene! During Spring Break, the library’s hours will change as follows:
The library building will close at 4:30 pm on Friday, March 14 (Pi day!).
The library will be open M-F, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm during break; closed on weekends (3/15-16; 3/22-23; 3/29). When the library is not open, the building will be closed and locked.
The library will reopen at 12:30 pm on Sunday, March 30, which is when normal hours will resume.
Please plan ahead and come to the library before 4:30 pm on Friday 3/14 if you need to borrow books or DVDs, print things out, retrieve your belongings, or do anything else in the building before you leave campus.
Library staff will still be available to help during break — just email email@example.com or give us a call at 802-258-9221. And, of course, our online journals, books, etc. remain available to you via our website, http://www.marlboro.edu/library.
We wish everyone a wonderful break and look forward to seeing you back at the end of March!
Dewey Decimal number of the week: 551.5784
Library staff hope to be in by 10:00 a.m. today (Valentine’s Day). If you’d like to call before coming up to borrow a reserve or DVD or pick up a hold or ILL, the Service Desk number is x221 (802-258-9221).
Today (Wednesday, February 5), the library and AV/Reserve Room will be open as usual. There will be limited staffing at the service desk, so if you need to borrow DVDs or equipment, pick up holds or ILLs, or get help, please note the following schedule:
- 8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
- 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- 3:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- 6:30 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
You can always email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions — we’ll be monitoring email all day.
Enjoy the snow!
Welcome to those of you who are new to Marlboro, and welcome back, old friends! The library building will reopen for the Spring semester on Sunday, January 19 at 12:30 p.m. We look forward to meeting new students for orientation at that time.
During the first few days of the semester, the library’s regular Service Desk and AV/Reserve Room hours may vary as we schedule student employee coverage. Someone will certainly be here during the following hours:
- Sunday, January 19: 12:30 pm – 5:30 pm
- Monday, January 20: 9:00 am – 5:30 pm
- Tuesday, January 21: 9:00 am – 5:30 pm
We hope to be fully up and running starting on Wednesday, January 22.
The library catalog will be undergoing maintenance this afternoon and will be unavailable starting at 2:00 p.m. We hope to have things back up and running within a few hours. In the meantime, you can search Marlboro’s library holdings via WorldCat. If you need help locating an item in the stacks, please ask a library staff member! Thanks for your patience.
It’s almost over! The library would like everyone to be aware of the following dates and deadlines.
- Please remove all belongings and checked-out books from the library no later than Wednesday, December 18.
- All interlibrary loan books are due back no later than Wednesday, December 18.
- Marlboro library items are also due back Wednesday, December 18. However, you are welcome to renew them over break as long as no one else has requested them.
- The Service Desk and Reserve/AV room will close at 4:30 pm on Wednesday, December 18.
- The library building will close and lock on Thursday, December 19 at 4:30 pm (same time that dorms close).
- Hours for the library building and services over break are M-F, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm.
- The library will be closed from Saturday, December 21 – Wednesday, January 1.
Doing research over break? Don’t forget that you have access to tens of thousands of journals, books, and more via the library’s website. And whether you are near or far, library staff remain available to provide research assistance.
Have a wonderful break!
The library building will remain open throughout Thanksgiving Break.
The Service Desk, Reserve/AV Room, and Plan Room will close at 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 27. Please plan accordingly if you’d like to borrow reserves, DVDs, equipment, or pick up holds or ILLs before break!
The Service Desk, Reserve/AV Room, and Plan room will reopen at 12:30 p.m. on Sunday, December 1. (December! Yikes.) Regular hours will resume at that time.
The last day to request books or DVDs via Interlibrary Loan this semester is Monday, December 2. (You can keep requesting articles.)
Remember that even when you’re away from the library, you still have access to over 125,000 academic ebooks, 40,000 online journals, and dozens of research databases. When you use library resources off campus, if you’re prompted to log in, just use your usual Marlboro username and password.
Have a wonderful break!
During Hendricks Days weekend, the library building will remain open.
The Service Desk will be staffed, and the AV/Reserve Room and Plan Room available, during the following times:
- Saturday-Sunday: no staffing
- Monday: 8:30 am – 3:00 pm
- Tuesday: 8:30 am – 3:00 pm; 6:30 pm – 11:00 pm
Have a wonderful break!