Zotero is a useful (and free!) tool that can help you manage and format citations as you research and write. No longer just for Firefox, Zotero now works with most browsers, operating systems, and word processing platforms.
- Capture and keep citations and links to books and articles as you come across them;
- Organize your citations into folders for different classes or projects;
- Format citations in any of dozens of formats (including APA, Chicago, and MLA) with just a few clicks;
- Insert citations in your paper as you write and have them formatted automatically;
- Sync your Zotero library across computers;
- Create group libraries to share citations.
On two Sundays in October, librarians will offer workshops to help you get the most out of Zotero. The content and structure of the workshops will be determined by who shows up. No prerequisites for either one, except for a desire to make your life easier!
To get going with Zotero, or become a power user, come to the Research Bar at one or both of the following times:
- Sunday, October 13, 2-3 p.m. with Emily
- Sunday, October 27, 2-3 p.m. with Amber
Emily and Amber are also available for one-on-one Zotero help; just stop by the desk or email us to set up a time.