The library service desk and the Reserve/AV room will be closed from noon on Monday, October 29 until noon on Tuesday, October 30. We’ll keep this space updated as events develop; you can also call the Library Service Desk at x221 (802-258-9221) to hear a recorded message with our latest status.
We hope that everyone stays safe during this storm, which is beginning to make itself felt here in southern Vermont.
Many thanks to everyone who nominated and voted for items for the library to buy this year with the David Pierce Fund. This year’s winners are:
- A Field Guide to Edible Wild Plants: Eastern and Central North America (27 votes)
- Adventure Time: Complete First Season (DVD) (16 votes)
- Sherlock: Season Two (DVD (16 votes)
- Game of Thrones: The Complete Second Season (DVD) (11 votes)
- The Marx Brothers Collection (A Night at The Opera/A Day at The Races/A Night in Casablanca/Room Service/At the Circus/Go West/The Big Store) (DVD) (11 votes)
- The Muppet Movie – Kermit’s 50th Anniversary Edition (DVD) (11 votes)
Look for these to arrive at the library over the next couple of weeks (except Game of Thrones, which won’t be released until sometime in 2013). And, if you’re looking for diversions, check out the library’s For Fun
page, which highlights recently added novels, feature films, TV series, and more.
The library building will be open throughout Hendricks Days. If you’re looking for staff, reserves, or DVDs/multimedia, please note the following changes to our usual hours:
Sunday 10/14: no staffing; Reserve/AV Room closed all day
Monday 10/15: Service desk staffed & Reserve/AV Room open 8:30 am – 3:00 pm
Tuesday 10/16: Service desk staffed & Reserve/AV Room open 8:30 am – 3:00 pm & 6:30 pm – 11:00 pm
Have a wonderful break!